To Sunday 15 November 2020 - 05:00pm
Rising Strong ™️ Home Retreat (based on the research of Dr Brené Brown)
led by Certified Daring Way™ Facilitators, Adé Adeniji & Darren Brown
“The truth is that falling hurts.
The dare is to keep being brave and feel your way back up.”
Rising Strong™ is a process based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown and this November we are offering you the opportunity to experience this powerful process from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Brené's pioneering work uncovered a profound truth: Vulnerability – the willingness to show up and be seen with no guarantee of outcome – is the only path to more love, belonging, creativity and joy. But living a brave life is not always easy: We are inevitably going to stumble and fall and, in these fast-changing times, more than ever we all need know how to Rise Strong.
We all go through struggle - asking somebody out who does not want us, expressing our feelings and not being understood, saying something at work that didn’t land very well, starting a new venture and it not going according to plan; the list is endless - failing feels painful and can trigger shame, disappointment and a whole range of emotions and thoughts.
The Rising Strong™ process is about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending.
Sometimes we avoid pursuing our heart desires because we fear failing. And sometimes when we do, we don’t get back up and we give up. But if we want to break away from the crowd and live wholehearted lives, we have to be courageous and different; doing this inevitable means we will sometimes fall.
The Rising Strong™ retreat is an interactive mix of -
- Psycho experiential and educational exploration
- Viewings of videos from Brené, created specifically for Rising Strong™
- Group discussions
- Creative exercises
- Self reflection and inquiry
The Retreat Outline
This Home Retreat is all about learning to get back up and how to become a highly resilient individual. How do we bounce back from failure? How do you recover from being exposed? How do you handle these crazy times in which we find ourselves?
By taking part in the Rising Strong™ retreat you will learn how to apply the Rising Strong™ process to your day-to-day life and become empowered to write wholehearted new endings to your stories. You will also:
- Become familiar with the physics of vulnerability and the ten rules of engagement for rising strong.
- Identify the values that are most important in your life and learn why values clarification is essential to the development of resiliency.
- Become familiar with the Rising Strong process and goals - rise from our falls, overcome our mistakes, and face hurt in a way that brings more wisdom and wholeheartedness to our lives.
- Raise your awareness about: the feelings associated with emotions, your response to emotion, and how emotion, thought, and behaviour are interconnected.
- Practice and build skills to engage with and experience emotion, including mindfulness and breathing.
- Deepen your emotional vocabulary and self-awareness
- Comprehend that as humans, we have meaning-making in our biology and are compelled to make up stories – even if they are based on incomplete information.
- Reclaim and integrate orphaned parts of yourself and celebrate that wholeness through creative expression.
PREPARING FOR YOUR HOME RETREAT
We strongly recommend that you clear your schedule for the weekend and really retreat from the outside world as much as possible. You will have 'homework' to do during the afternoon breaks and you are likely to be tired and introspective during the evenings. The more you can stay with yourself and disconnect from the outside world, the more you will benefit from this experience.
Some things to think about in advance....
- Stock up with healthy, comforting foods so you don't have to go shopping during the weekend.
- Create a comfortable, quiet space for yourself to sit and take part in this Zoom event.
- Plan to take regular breaks to stretch your body.
- Have a good screen, microphone and camera so that you can interact clearly and comfortably.
- Turn your phone off for as much of the weekend as possible.
- Tell your loved ones that you are on retreat and may not be as responsive as usual.
- Check your Zoom account for updates before starting the retreat.
All times are GMT. Click here to check in your time zone.
1900 – 2130 hrs
- Welcome & Introductions
- Your story of struggle
- Outline of the Rising Strong process
- Emotional Landscape
0930 - 1200hrs
- Your story ‘face down moment’
- “The Reckoning”
- “The Rumble”
- The story we make up
1430 – 1700 hrs
- “…more Rumbles…”
- Vulnerability, Shame,
- Boundaries, Integrity, Generosity
0930 - 1200hrs
- Trust, Grief, Forgiveness
- Anxiety, Criticism
1430 – 1700hrs
- “The Revolution”
- Wisdom, Meaning, Learning, Practices
- A brave new ending to your story
Ade Adeniji and Darren Brady are Certified Daring Way™️ and Dare to Lead™️ Facilitators. They facilitate Dare to Lead™️, Daring Greatly™️, Rising Strong™️ and Gifts of Imperfection™️ workshops, based on the research of Dr Brené Brown for the last 6 years.
Adé is a Certified Coach & Facilitator and Organisation Consultant. He is also an ordained Interfaith Minister & Spiritual Counsellor. Adé has over 20 years experience in Human Resources - including leadership and personal development - spanning the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. He was Human Resources Director with Liberty Global Europe, a digital media company, with responsibility for the UK, Netherlands, Spain and Central Europe. Prior to that, he was Head of Human Resources with Guardian News and Media Ltd. He has held other HR roles with the Financial Ombudsman Service, ITV, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Cabinet Office and the Government Legal Service. Previous clients include BBC, Economist, Philips, Wellcome Trust and Imperial College.
As a practitioner, Ade adopts a holistic approach in all aspects of his work, this involves working with individuals, teams and organisations to give voice to unexpressed thoughts and emotions. Adé is well versed in developing relationships and putting clients at ease, allowing them to enter a vulnerable space that facilitates deep understanding and transformation.
Darren is a coaching practitioner, group facilitator and social entrepreneur.
Prior to training with the Coaches Training Institute in 2006, Darren had a successful career in teaching and project creation that culminated with him establishing a high profile business based in central London. After several intensive years of self development he chose to radically alter his path, selling the company and establishing a coaching practice working with hundreds of clients on a 1-2-1 basis.
He trained and was certified by Stanford University to deliver the Positive Self Management Program to people living with chronic health conditions. Darren has been an associate trainer for Broadlands Consulting - delivering in person courses for global businesses and for Life Clubs - providing self awareness programs in the workplace.
In 2008 he co-founded the social enterprise The Quest with Ade Adeniji and completed the School for Social Entrepreneurs fellowship program.
Following training in Texas, Darren became certified to deliver Brene Brown researched programs: Rising Strong, The Daring Way, The Gifts of Imperfection and Dare to Lead, internationally and within the UK.
Since 2017 Darren has led the ‘Developing Self’ curriculum for the School for Social Entrepreneurs programs in the UK.
He organises retreats in Thailand and Bali and is a Huffington Post contributor.
£245 per person.
Early Bird Rate of £195 available until 21 October 2020.
90% refund will be offered for cancellations received before 10 November 2020. No refunds are available after that date.
If we are forced to cancel the event for any reason you will receive a full refund.